This article is from theresurgence.com I found it to be informative
In fact, God’s grace grounds and empowers everything in the Christian life. Grace is the basis for:
- Our Christian identity: “By the grace of God I am what I am” (1 Cor. 15:10).
- Our standing before God: “. . . this grace in which we stand” (Rom. 5:2).
- Our behavior: “We behaved in the world . . . by the grace of God” (2 Cor. 1:12).
- Our living: Those who receive “the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ,” (Rom. 5:17) by the “grace of life” (1 Pet. 3:7).
- Our holiness: God “called us to a holy calling . . . because of his own purpose and grace” (2 Tim. 1:9).
- Our strength for living: “Be strengthened by the grace that is in Jesus Christ” (2 Tim. 2:1) for “it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace” (Heb. 13:9).
- Our way of speaking: “Let your speech always be gracious” (Col. 4:6).
- Our serving: “Serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace” (1 Pet. 4:10).
- Our sufficiency: “My grace is sufficient for you” (2 Cor. 12:9), “God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work” (2 Cor. 9:8)
- Our response to difficulty and suffering: We get “grace to help in time of need” (Heb. 4:16), and when “you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace . . . will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you” (1 Pet. 5:10).
- Our participation in God’s mission: As recipients of grace we are privileged to serve as agents of grace. Believers receive grace (Acts 11:23), are encouraged to continue in grace (Acts 13:43), and are called to testify to the grace of God (Acts 20:24). In John 20:21, Jesus says, “As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.” God’s mission is to the entire world (Isa. 49:6; Matt. 28:19; Acts 1:8; 13:47).
- Our future: God, and his grace, is everlasting. “Set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ” (1 Pet. 1:13).
- Our hope beyond death: “Grace [reigns] through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Rom. 5:21).