I have recently been asked to evaluate several church websites. My observations are not as a web design professional but as an end user.
- If you are not going to update on a regular basis make your information general and leave off specific dates
- Make sure that your address and phone number and access to a map on the opening page
- Make sure that email contact information is easily accessible for daily ministry activities
- The wrong colors make the web site difficult to read and the church appears to be non inviting
- Two maybe three menus are enough
- If you have music make sure you have the option to turn it off that is easy to locate
Here are a few websites that I like