• Focus all activity on Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27). The congregation is organized to make and engage disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world (Matthew 28:18-20);
• Call, equip, and release disciples to pursue their passion and use their gifts to glorify God (Ephesians 411-13);
• Call, equip, send and support spiritual leaders to lead disciples in the Adventure (Mark 1:17);
• Lead disciples to meet the spiritual, social and physical needs of those in the community and world; and produce Acts 2 fruit (John 15:8, 16 and Acts 2:41-47).
One minute coach
1. What activities or tasks will you complete today that will have a measurable impact within 30 days toward your congregation being a disciple –making congregation?
2. What ministries or church activities need to be realigned or eliminated because their focus not connected to your church being a disciple making congregation?
3. Do you have an annual plan that is clearly communicated to the congregation as the leadership development plan for the congregational leaders both emerging and active?